Thursday, June 19, 2008

fork vs hand

if i try to eat bone-meat using fork then i would end up making lots of noises on plate which always invite for unwanted attention from different tables. i usually scan menu silently for some tasty boneless otherwise i turn veggy when i am with group as it's easy to eat veggie food keeping clean fingers through out. i find it very amusing when some persons very patiently and smoothly use fork and spoon...fork in left hand and spoon in right hand...pressing fork on piece and using spoon to take out small bite. i just say to them 'dude, you look good'.
there is something subtle temptation about rice that i can't resist using my fingers. i won't say i am south Indian. but i find it more satisfying to my taste glands when i eat using my hand and licking my fingers at end. If I do it before a beautiful gal then it will surely turn her off at instant. this kind of temptation I think has been coded in my genes probably in most of Indians. it is said if we use more sensory organs during eating then body responds to food in better way. may be...feel of foods to fingers exposes more hidden taste glands in tongue. this doesn't mean I will give a try to my hand on noodles and maggie. some foods inherently need fork to enjoy them. whatever medical science claims to be true...i still find it not ok with hands in group when people are ready with fork and spoon. our age-old religious book tells 'food is enjoyed in private'.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I truely agree that i can savour the food only when i eat with my hands not with fork n knife... though i know how to eat like the British ;)... why do we hv to follow the western syle of eating when we r in the public, who said it is the "civilized" way to eat... and think, a pair of our hands r used to feed our mouth but a pair of fork n knife goes into so many mouth... eeeew.. so its a very in thing to eat with my hands. :)